Saturday, September 04, 2004

Y'know, it's so easy to get caught up in your own insular world, worrying about the daily grind, and then you hear about terrorists killing hundreds of children and you realize that it's all meaningless. And I forget how blessed I am that I am living in the US where we have relative peace and two giant ocean borders and prosperity (somewhat, I mean, the economy's crap but at least I can still work), and halfway around the world, misguided fanatics blow themselves up and take human life so carelessly. I think with the heightened alert of terrorism in the world, terrorists are upping their tactics cuz they know it'll get news coverage. It seems like the more we fight the harder they fight back. After all, that's how most people react to being under fire.

Sigh. Poor Russians. I wonder what people in the Cold War Era would say to these events.

No comments: