Thursday, October 14, 2004

So I don't blog for 18 days and no one makes a comment? Dude, so sad....

Life has gotten crazier, if that was possible. After begging and pleading, I finally got my work hours reduced to under 25 hours per week, which means that this week, I'm not working Monday or Saturday, and next week, I'm not working Saturday, though I am opening (that's 5 am, people!) Monday through Friday. Ergh.

Last weekend I went to a retreat with my church. We tagged along to the Irvine Valley Community Church one, held in San Diego, and it was a "Walk Through the Bible" seminar, namely, "Walk Through the New Testament." It was pretty cool. Basically, the speaker explained, or more like summarized, what was happening (chronologically) starting from the end of the Old Testament (the Book of Malachi) through to the Book of Acts, the death of Paul. Each major even was summarized by a few words and some hand motions, and we memorized all of it. Let's just say, it was pretty dang cool, 'cept I'm not sure I can recite it all again. Queen of Cram, strikes again!

To go to this retreat, I skipped my Friday class last week, and I might skip it again this week. Actually, I'm thinking of dropping it. Actually, I am going to drop it, I'm just in denial about it.

But I'm tired of being mediocre and tired of being tired, so even though that would mean I only have three classes (and Animation Club) I'd rather be good in three than mediocre in four. And then today my manager gave me grief (albeit jokingly, I think) that I requested less hours. The only reponse I can think is that I requested 20 hours in the beginning, but I think she heard 30. Oh well, I know where my priorities lie. Sorta.

One interesting note, my tips this week were in the form of a wad of ones. It's like I'm a stripper. And if I feel like it, I'm all set for going to a strip club. ;-)

No comments: