Thursday, February 10, 2005

I've been sleeping funny. This can be construed in many ways, as in I sleep in a funny position, or I make funny faces in my sleep, or else I make funny jokes in my sleep. But it just means, my sleeping pattern has been irratic. Actually, not irratic so much as, I've just not been sleeping as much. Well, when you go to work at 5 am most mornings, and then don't take a nap later, then it's hard to stay up past 10 pm. This whole week I've been zoning out around 9, but it's usually doing things where I shouldn't be sleeping, after which I stagger to bed and then end up being waked by my increasingly annoying alarm clock, which after I snooze forever I end up being late to work. Argh.

I actually wasn't late to work today and I didn't get out late, either. My next paycheck should be much nicer than the paltry ones I've been getting lately. I've been catching up on e-mail and such, and it's kinda nice to be at the computer again. Today's the last day of my acting class, so I'm soon gonna have to get off and get ready. I wonder if we'll get a chance to rehearse.

Okay, I know it's a faux pas to direct my scene partner and all, but dang it, I'm a little annoyed. Well, yes, she does have more lines to memorize, but dagnabit, she has a hard time taking direction, it seems. Supposedly she's been doing this for years (in high school and junior high, yes, so maybe their programs weren't so rigorous), but I wonder what the heck she learned in all those performances. Many times I had to ask pointed questions to get her to think about ways to inhabit the character and make the character come to life, and not just sit there reciting lines. I mean, yeah, she reads them well, but acting is more than just that. It's kinda funnty, here I am, the non-actress, getting frustrated by the acting of the actual actress (well, theater major). Basically, she's having a hard time memorizing the lines, that it's like she can't talk and act at the same time. So do I buy her as this intimidating, condescending headmistress? Well, not really.

Okay, I ain't no Meryl Streep, but c'mon, I know when I see not-so-quality acting.

Alright, finally, my work/school schedule for the next two weeks, starting 2/14 (italics are school times):

Mon -- 5 am to 12 pm, 2 to 4:05 pm
Tue -- 5 to 9 am
Wed -- 5:30 to 9:35 pm
Thu -- 9 am to 1:05 pm, 1:30 to 5 pm, 6:30 to 9:35 pm (whoo whee!)
Fri -- 5 to 9:30 am
Sat -- 5:30 to 10 am
Sun -- church
Mon -- 5 to 9:30 am, 2 to 4:05 pm
Tue -- 5 to 9:30 am
Wed -- 7:30 to 4 pm, 5:30 to 9:35 pm
Thu -- 9 am to 1:05 pm, lunch w/ Erica?, 6:30 to 9:35 pm
Fri -- 5 to 9:30 am
Sat -- 5:30 to 11:30 am
Sun -- church, Clippers game fellowship

I much rather like having Saturday off than a regualar weekday, but with my having Thursdays off for school, I guess I'd better get used to working Saturdays. This is schedule does not include meetings, social events, or class changes.

BTW, did anyone notice what day my marathon day (the whoo whee day) falls on?

No comments: