Sunday, April 10, 2005

I went ice-skating for the second time in two weeks. It was fun, and I didn't fall this time! Yes Whateley, you don't have to hear me whine any more.

They offer figure skating classes, and I am tempted to sign up (during the summer, of course, when I'm less busy). I saw some kids (and adults!) that were doing some spins and jumps, and... well, it just looked cool. I wanna do that! I love watching figure skating at the Olympics, so I'm a little wistful.

The main bad thing about that, though, is that ice is not a natural occurence here, so basically, you can only ice skate at a rink. So it just seems sucky to have to pay the entrance fee for everytime you want to participate in your hobby. And that's what it would be, essentially. Boy though, to be able to do a jump... that would be mega-cool. Though right now, I'd settle for being able to go backwards.

============================================

On a different note, I've been thinking more and more about grad school lately. UCLA has a pretty good program (and they don't charge an arm and a leg for it... just a few fingers and maybe an ear) and I might have a chance to actually getting in. But the thought of more school, and incurring school loans, isn't so appealing right now. But getting an animation gig straight out of school is hard, especially out of SMC, so any help would be nice. I mean, right now, my options are to get an entry-level job at a visual effects company and prove my skillz to the higher-ups after a coupla years, or go to grad school, come out with a killer reel, and perhaps start off as a low-level animator at a visual effects company.

Anybody wanna offer an opinion?

No comments: