Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Texas sure has weird weather. The past week it fluctuated daily from warm, to almost-freezing cold, to rainy. Poor neglected Pip at least gets the bird poo washed off of her during the rains. Can't wait to have a proper garage to park her in.

Just waiting for closing at our end. It's the second weekend in a row where we didn't have to get up early and do yet another house-related thing. All the paperwork that needs to be turned in has been turned in. I had to get an un-official transcript for my last year at Santa Monica College to explain having only a part-time job during 2006. But to access it, I had to re-enroll. And then they wouldn't let me re-enroll because I still owed the school money.

It was one of those stupid stories. The short of it was that during my last semester, I had that whole issue where it looked like I made a lot of money when I really didn't. So I didn't qualify for the Board of Governor's Fee Waiver, which would waive all fees (except parking) for community colleges. Anyway, as part of that, I owed a health fee of $14, which goes towards the student health center on the main campus. But since I was at a satellite campus and never used the student health center, I was rather indignant about having to pay that fee and never did. Well, that came to bite me in the ass. I had to pay that fee before I can re-enroll just so I could print out a stupid unofficial transcript to explain why I made so little money two years ago. Yet another cost of buying a house! And I'm realizing more than ever, that this country will eventually collapse under the weight of all the paperwork generated by everything.

Anyway, Whateley and I are pretty anxious wondering when our closing date will be. I'll keep everyone posted!

No comments: