Monday, November 24, 2008

Update on my computer woes:

The main problem seems to be that Vista doesn't recognize my monitor as a PnP monitor, and will only install the drivers as a generic non-PnP one. So even though its native resolution in 1680 x 1050, it's insisting on telling me the monitor can't handle it.

Funny enough, I go to the monitor's website, and it doesn't even offer drivers since the whole point of these monitors is that they're PnP and therefore do not NEED special drivers.

Sigh.

Xeowolf, however, managed to at least get Vista to install the latest drivers from Nvidia. Apparently, updating video drivers from Windows Update is a bad idea. They rarely have the latest ones.

2 comments:

황명록 beno hwang said...

oh yeah; a couple of weeks ago, i showed up at work and booted up my win xp laptop. right away, the login window was all messed up: it was all huge. yeah, i guess the corporate software system had pushed a driver "upgrade" for my nvidia video card. i had lost dual monitor capability and any good resolution settings. i did a win xp system restore to get it all back.

Artiste said...

Sadly, I don't think I have system restore enabled. Blah.