Monday, February 09, 2009

My computer's back to the way it was. I ended up reinstalling Windows XP on Xeowolf's loaned computer, but there's an odd issue with XP. Mainly, when it first shipped, it really didn't know how to handle networking. I believe all that got resolved with service pack 1. But the stupid part of XP out of the box is, it usually can't connect to the internet to download all the updates. So after a couple of days of trying like mad to get the computer to recognize the ethernet drivers, or even using a ghetto USB wireless networking card, I got frustrated and turned my borked computer back on.

Apparently, a few days shut off gave it a good slap to the face or something, because the mouse and keyboard started being recognized. I just booted up the computer as usual, and everything was back to normal. I think it was the WoW gaming mouse that I had gotten. It's kinda nice cuz it has a lot of the WoW commands pre-programmed, and it's got 16 buttons along with an LCD color changer. But it may have been the cause of my computer borking out. When I plugged it into Xeowolf's computer, it made the keyboard totally lag. So I switched it out with Whateley's old mouse, and then it stopped mis-behaving.

Anyway, next on my agenda regarding my computer is a fresh install of Vista, and hopefully my months-old monitor problem will get solved too. I'm also hoping to get some digital art software installed. My art skills are getting a bit rusty.

No comments: