Monday, April 06, 2009

We had an eventful game night last night.

Yellowbeard's younger brother, DreadPirate, turned 21 that day, so of course, we got booze. Lots of it. Our friend Kathrenne even got a baby-sitter so she could come over to hang out. Our dinner option came to be a frozen lasagna which we popped in the oven shortly before the game began. We had fruit and salad shortly before the game started, but it wasn't much, and the lasagna was going to take 2 hours to cook. Anyway, the young DreadPirate and Kathrenne started downing shots of tequila. Two different types, actually. And before we knew it, they were hammered out of their minds. It was pretty interesting, actually. DreadPirate is rather notorious for getting his math wrong (what are my attack bonuses?) and rolling really crappy, but apparently, when he's drunk he does both really well.

Once the lasagna was done, we all went downstairs to have dinner. We ate, we poked fun at DreadPirate, we laughed. We had a good time. But Renavato made a point to tell us we should have a bucket nearby, just in case. Which turned out to be a really good idea.

Now, prior to this point, in the middle of the game, Kathrenne opted to leave our gaming table since she was starting to spill things. Before we knew it, she had started to camp our downstairs bathroom.

So while we were a bit concerned since she wasn't coming out to have any dinner, we figured she'll get better eventually. 4 hours later, she finally came out so Xeo could take her home.

But poor DreadPirate... I say, I've never seen anyone puke their guts out that much in that short of a time. This was a lesson to us all: Orange Tequila and regular Tequila shots on a near-empty stomach = Not a good time. We kept thinking the tequilas were tainted or something, but I've had some of it, and both bottles were from previous get-togethers so we've had them before, so I'm guessing it's just old-fashioned "not drinking responsibly." We joked that at least DreadPirate will always remember his 21st birthday. And a lot of people have similar stories for their 21st birthday. Not me, though. Apparently I'm a bit of a square cuz I can't even remember what I did for my 21st. I think I was going out with my then-boyfriend (now ex-, and the relationship didn't end well) and I'm sure I did something with him, though I really can't remember. Maybe I blocked it out. Or maybe it was just a boring birthday. Eh, I think I'd prefer the boring birthday to the birthday that ends in a long prayer session to the porcelain god. I had to lend the poor boy a pair of pants since Whateley's smallest pants would still be too big for him. Too bad I didn't have a really girly pair. =)

I was tempted to get my semi-permanent lipstick on him, but I didn't want to touch his post-vomit lips with it.

No comments: