Monday, August 22, 2005

I've come to the conclusion that I will leave Starbucks after this semester. Actually, I've been at Starbucks a little longer than I wanted to (it's been 2 years and 3 days), and I am itchin' to get out. Perhaps it's because I've been in a really difficult store for the past year, but I don't really have many fond memories of Starbucks. Well, more like, I don't have fond memories of working retail. As much as we have really cool regulars, there are just those few a--holes that really ruin your mood. I mean, it's hard to do your best and to try to please the customers if they don't appreciate you and just complain all the time. I'm so tired of people thinking that my job is to make them happy. My job is to get their friggin' coffee. And it's friggin' coffee, not your first-born child.

As much as I enjoyed animal drawing this summer, I shouldn't have taken that class. For one thing, I wasn't crazy about the costumed drawing portion of the class. No, strike that, I wasn't crazy about the homework portion of the class. I shoulda talked to her about perhaps auditing the animal drawing only or something. Sigh.

Anyway, because of that class, my inherent summer laziness, and my crazy work schedule (not to mention the Vegas trip and SIGGRAPH), I didn't get a chance to do any of the work done for our animation club film. Sigh. Siiiiiiiigh.

I'm really sleep-deprived.

And to top it off, the Starbucks just 23 blocks east of us gets twice the tips that we do. I so need to get out of that store. I so need to get out of retail.

No comments: