Tuesday, March 22, 2005

So in our projects class today, my teacher told us that unfortunately, due to the busy schedules of the actual artistic directors, in a place like EA where they don't focus on animation or visual effects as their main thing, the hiring process has a "filter" of non-artistic HR managers who have no idea what their company does... artistically, I mean. So what they are looking for is eye candy, which my teacher then said just proved the point that in order to get any notice in this industry, you need both eye candy AND the montage of skills. So... unfortunately, that means that I will have to wait until the end of this year to have the eye candy portion. Sigh.

As for that whole "work visa" thing, I don't know if companies ever do conduct "fake interviews" but the school Internship Coordinator did tell me that there was a really talented guy from Sweden who was all set to work for Sony Imageworks but couldn't cuz he had to go back to Sweden since he was no longer a student. Supposedly, it's too much work to go through the trouble of "pretending to look" for an American since they can just as easily hire an American for those low-totem-pole positions.

Anyway, things have been hard, life has been difficult, and honestly, sometimes I feel like throwing in the towel. More than anything, I would love to just crawl into bed and sleep forever. Sigh. Even the happiest things in my life are tainted by sadness. I don't really want to explain, except that if any of you are spiritually inclined, please pray for me, for my relationships with friends and family, my school and career goals, and for the state of my very soul and its desire to seek out God.


On a side note, my beautiful car has already 670+ miles on it.... Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

No comments: