Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I've had a million ideas for a blog entry, so I'm just going to wing it and see what pops into my head. Almost like automatic writing, except not so gibberishy.

I started knitting a scarf for Whateley, and I think I will finish it just as the cold season ends. Not that it's been cold nowadays, what with the Santa Anas and the wildfires. I realize that in these times, we have an odd situation. We don't have enough leisure time for all our leisure activities. I mean, back in the days, nobody had leisure time, you were too busy workin'. Now, we have so many time-saver stuff that we have loads of leisure time and way too many leisure activities. I was just thinking that as I realized that WoW, knitting, surfing the web, catching up on DVDs, and reading books were all competing for my free time... and then I realized that I don't really have much free time at all, since I'm unemployed and should be spending the chunk of my time looking at job listings, sending out reels, futzing around with Maya, and perhaps even futzing around with Perl. Soooooo... basically I'm a loser that needs to put down the fun stuff and get to workin'.

School starts this week. I'm only taking one class this semester on account of how my commute has lengthened and there aren't more classes I'm willing to take. And it's good to drop by the westside and keep in touch with the people there and see what's the news regarding jobs and whatnot.

And... finally on the job note, if I don't get anything good soon, I'm going to have to take part time work to pay the bills, and currently the best lead for that is to either go back to Starbucks (yikes... um... no) or better yet, work a few shifts a week at Whateley's Borders (at the cafe -- Seattle's Best, so it's still working for Starbucks). Please, please, please, dear Lord in Heaven, let me find a job soon!

2 comments:

SuperLefty said...

i didn't know you were taking a class still up on the westside. we can hang out since i'm on the way up and down for you. ")

btw, the count hasn't emailed me back. are we square now?

Artiste said...

Yeah, you are. We should be able to hang out (the three of us) in a longer chunk of time next time.