Monday, October 16, 2006

My last day at Borders was uneventful. Given that I gave them basically a one-week notice, I should hardly expect anything else. I thought about staying on as "contingent" status (where you basically work one shift every month or two, and they call you for emergencies) but I'm going to be working full-time, so hardly think I'll want to work even just 4 more hours on a work day or even on my day off. That and I couldn't buy anything with my discount except on the days I'd work. So... nope, no contigency. I bought a whole mess of books, mostly for Whateley, though I did get a Thomas Guide so I won't have to keep getting lost while driving, and I forgot to stock up on my Burt's Bees. Dang it. I really like their chapstick and lip shimmer. I like the minty tingle. Oh well, that means I'd have to pay $4 for the lip shimmer, rather than $3. Oh well. Considering that I'd be making way more money, I don't think that extra dollar should make a difference.

I also discovered a little piece of heaven today, called The Container Store. I've kinda got this weird thing with boxes and shelves and organizers... it's sick. Funny, how I'm a messy person, but I like having things to organize my stuff. I try to keep organized... mostly due to years of searching around for stuff that I know exists in my room but was hiding from my presence. Whateley, it seems, haven't had the same frustrations. But then, I know he get plenty mad when he's running late and can't find stuff. I didn't go crazy and buy a lot of stuff. I couldn't afford to, first of all, and we didn't have to room for it. Though, perhaps if I had it my way, the walls would be covered in shelving or something.

Soo... if I've totally girly-fied myself here, I apologize. In my next few entries, I promise to talk about WoW or job-sitch or just rant about the stupidity of something.

No comments: