Monday, November 06, 2006

Work's been good so far. Whateley and I are dealing with having different days off and having a two-hour shift differential while he tries to move into mine. But then he applied for the Billing department, the same one that called me three days into training at my current position at Customer Service. And because of that, they won't hire me into that department until I can become permanent at my current position and get the recommendation of my supervisor. And most likely, Whateley will be able to get into Billing cuz he actually is permanent, and he will take the job cuz it pays just a little bit more.

Do you see the irony here? If I could've not started training until a few days later, then when I got the call from Billing, I could've taken the interview and possibly the job. And then Whateley would be able to transfer over. Instead, because of those three little days, I now have to wait at least three months to even make permanent (through an agreement they made with the staffing company) and most people don't even get it 'til 4 or 5 months. So instead of Whateley and I having the same schedule by next month, we'll have it by next spring. Sigh. It's stupid cuz if I were to quit and apply to Billing, they probably wouldn't hire me cuz I quit my last job after only two weeks... and it's the same company!

Maybe it's the cosmos telling me not to get too complacent at my current position and to work on getting an artistic position instead.

No comments: