Sunday, November 26, 2006

So... more work news: Work is getting better and I'm definitely getting used to the job and the various co-workers I'm surrounded by. Whateley and I are now on the same shift, so our schedules sync. I'm almost waiting for the axe to fall... like there's no way a husband and wife can be together 24/7 and not want to kill each other at the end of the week. But then, we are newlyweds. Maybe that will come later.

In other news, we're both sick. In fact, everyone on our team seems to be sick, and half the company seems sick. I think one person brought the germ... and it spread is apocalypse over all of us. We even left early on Wednesday but worked on Thursday (unfortunately, being newbies, we didn't get Thanksgiving off) because I don't think they would've let us call in to begin with, but then we both called out Friday, and Whateley called out today but I went into work half-miserable. That's the sad status of a temp worker. When I take sick days, they're unpaid. What sucks is that they had a health fare a couple of weeks ago, where the real employees (the non-temp-through-staffing-agency people) got free flu shots. Well, Whateley didn't go because he forgot, and our roommate went and didn't get the flu shot cuz he's convinced flu shots make you sick. So poor me, someone who actually went and paid for flu shots last year, who actually would jump at the chance for a flu shot, didn't get one, while two other people around me who could didn't. Where's the justice in this world?

So forgive my I'm-in-pain-and-I-feel-like-I'm-dying tone of this entry. But my friggin' stomach muscles are sore from my coughing, and now they feel like they're burning. Or it might be something I ate. Or didn't eat. Did I mention I'm having a hard time eating yet I'm always hungry?

1 comment:

SuperLefty said...

aw, sorry to hear that you're sick! it's good to see you're blogging again though. we should hang out before xmas 2006 comes. "P get better soon!