Thursday, December 26, 2002

I hope everyone had the Merriest of Christmases. I had a good Christmas. An even better Christmas Eve.

One biff: our relatives think we're too old for presents now. When did Christmas become just a kids' holiday? I also think since I haven't automatically taken over baby-sitting duties, I have fallen in less favor with some aunts and uncles. Right now I'm kinda sick of family obligations and guilt-trips. I'm happy to play with the kids, but I was getting tired of automatically having the kids just handed to me. I've been doing that for so long. Some of my cousins are old enough to take over. If it's all about obligations and guilt-trips, then it's time they start paying their dues.

Sorry for getting bitter. I'm sick with a cold and yesterday ended on a less-than-high note.

No comments: