Monday, July 05, 2004

Schedule this week:

Mon -- 6:15 to 11 am
Tue -- 10 am to 4 pm
Wed -- 8:45 am to 4 pm
Thu -- no work!
Fri -- school
Sat -- Jennifer's wedding
Sun -- church, then 7 to 11:45 pm

Another store called and begged me to cover a shift yesterday. I guess they thought it'd be crazy like last year. Turns out, people have either gotten more lazy, or the fact that it was a Sunday kept people away. Only poor retail schmoes had to work yesterday and today.

At least I got paid time-and-a-half. Like that means much.

It's been a week of highs and lows. Turns out, I am poor enough to qualify for fee waivers for school. I got a reduced fee parking pass only to get a parking ticket that day cuz I forgot to move my car during the break. Sigh.

I should take advantage of the free counseling offered to me through school and work (I think I get three free sessions each.) I don't know if I have to guts. I put on a happy face for other people, and it feels genuine. Perhaps it's the weird dichotomy of my personality where I am an introverted people person. That is, I prefer the company of myself to other people, but then I prefer the company of a few close friends to just myself. Anyway, I think the act of putting on a happy face forces you to feel happy, even if you'd rather wallow and mope. Which then makes me think that's just life. That we are all miserable creatures 'til we are forced to not be one.

Or maybe I'm just screwed up.

My sister and her husband (and their dog) drove down for the weekend at the last minute. I didn't see her much as I ended up working, sleeping, or elsewhere. I felt a little guilty "appropriating gratuitous beverages" for them... but it's like, what else kind of hookups are there?

Perhaps I'll just dive into a stupor of my drug of choice: TV. I saw Spiderman 2 last week. Abso-freakin'-lutely great movie. Very satisfying to a Spidey-fan. So much so that me, Miss Miser-in-Denial, is willing to pay to see it in the theaters again. Ooooooh.

No comments: