Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Hey Erica... did I not tell you about SpaceShipOne? :-P

Anyway, yeah, it was a fun day, though technically there wasn't much to see. The flight itself took place against the sun, so we were all squinting and trying not to fry out our eyes. But it was still exciting cuz we were seeing it live (when I say "we", I mean the 20,000 people there) and it was a lot of "do you see where it is?" and "oh there it is!" and me thinking, "how the heck can these people actually see this?" Anyway, it was exciting cuz we were witnesses to history, but afterwards, I was dead tired. It took me a week to recover. 'course, my wacked sleeping pattern didn't help.

Last night I went out with work people as a night out to say good-bye to people that left. Well, mainly two of 'em, though more people are leaving or have left. My manager's leaving at the end of the week to go on maternity leave. By the time she comes back, I hope to not be there anymore. Boy can people drink. Funny how I got carded yet the 18-yr-old with the scraggly goatee-beginnings didn't.

I don't know how many of my readers are Christian, but if you believe in prayer of any sort, I could use some of it. My car is now parked in our garage, and I'm not sure what will happen to it. It's almost too good to junk, yet too junky to fix. I'm driving my brother's old car which has been on its last legs for a long time. My mom and dad are stressed from life in general, and this car issue ain't helping. I suppose if anything, my biggest prayer request is that God grant us a peace of mind and the will to do what He requires of us and trust that He's got everything under control. Most of us like to whine about "why me?" but I'm hoping to take Job's lead and thank God for His steadfastness nonetheless. Besides, I've learned that the only thing "why me?" gets you is looking pathetic.

Long one. I'll post more at school, no doubt. After all, it's hard to go through 8 am to 5 pm without some mental breaks.

My schedule:
Wed -- 3:45 to 10 pm
Thu -- hanging out with Robert, then heading off to Santa Monica
Fri -- class ALL day
Sat -- 6:15 to 11:15 am
Sun -- church, Happy Independence Day!

No comments: