Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Yes, the korean-american actress from Battlestar Galactica is Grace Park. Boy, she got a few head turns when she appeared in Maxim. Her role is nice and meaty and complex, too. I thought it was funny that her name is Sharon Valeri, so obviously where she was from, there was no ethnically distinctive names. And what's also funny is that both Starbuck and Dr. Baltar are from Caprica (which technically is a planet... I think), but Starbuck speaks with an American accent while Baltar speaks with a British one. And Commander Adama (played by Edward James Olmos) is a Latino, but his son, Lee (aka Apollo) is white.

But really, I'm not complaining. It's a great show. I mean, the Cylons are monotheistic while the humans are polytheistic, and the Cylons are devout while the humans have become secularized. Religious machines. Heh.

Meanwhile, Harry Potter is keeping me up way too late.

Six days 'til Vegas! If you want me to get you something from there, speak now or forever hold your peace. Oh, and keep in mind that I have no money, so it can't be worth more than two bucks.

1 comment:

SuperLefty said...

write me a postcard! that's all. we need to meet up! it's becoming like last year! "p hope school's okay. ")