Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Islands is dead to me!

Let be back up, so at my wonderful new job at a company I cannot say publicly because they don't want me to. I could insert some cute joke which would allude to where I work, but that maybe asking for trouble as I know they check stuff like this. So for now I will just say that I work at Mooby's. Anyhoo so on my team at Mooby's a guy got promoted to um... head fry chief or something and basically it means I would not be working with him anymore. Now I haven't been there long, however this guy has a strange kinda out there sense of humor that I do... although his is a little more snarky. So we go to "Islands" the burger restraint chain for his last day.

Now when we get there we have this waiter who takes our order. Not really a fan of "Islands" burgers anyway I order a taco, after I order he goes. "Would you like guacamole or sour cream with that?" Now maybe I am a sucker for not reading the menu correctly but since he put it like that I automatically assumed it just came with it. But when I get the check, and look at the menu again, sour cream or guacamole costs $1.95..... ONE DOLLAR AND NINETY FIVE FREAKING CENTS for a little stupid side scoop of Guacamole! Seriously people it was about the size of a golf ball. As I said maybe I am a sucker for not reading more carefully, however the way this stupid jackhole waiter presented the sour cream and guacamole to us it SOUNDED as if it came with the stupid tacos which already cost $8.00. So if that is the kind of business Islands wants to do, they can just go ahead and do it without me!

So now Islands is dead to me, and I encourage you to not eat there as well, because they are a bunch of stupid jackholes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Came across your blog while doing a search on 'jeanna'--my sis' name, too. Gosh, don't you think you're being a bit stingy? Everyone knows that when waiters ask you to add on, it ain't free. Not much is any more I guess! But I understand if you have issues w/money. You're viet, right? Can't quite tell from your pic. Have a great day!

Tony

PS--love your blog.

DG Eyes Only said...

I'M A GNOME!!!!