Sunday, December 03, 2006

Christmas season is here! And so comes the gift-buying. Erg. Before, I would save up all my Discovercard cash back bonuses and turn them into Borders gift cards and then wait for Whateley's 40% off employee appreciation weekend to buy gifts. Pretty much, I'd end up only spending about $25 to $40 on top of that for all my gifts and I wouldn't feel any of the pinch come January. But now I've got in-laws to add to the mix. And Whately and I are no longer working for Borders. So while we may make more money now, we will end up spending more money on gifts for Christmas. D'oh.

That and I don't have any Borders gift cards from Discover for awhile cuz I took 'em out early and used them for a last-week spending spree at Borders during my... well, last week of working there. I talked about staying contingent there to keep the discount, until the manager told me I'd only get the discount on the days that I'd work there... and frankly, there's no way in hell I'd work a shift there, even a short one, after a 9-hr work day (minus lunch), and there's no way in hell I'd give up hours in my precious, precious weekends to work a shift. Sooo... the point is moot. I ain't gonna be a contingent, so no discount for me. (Or for Whateley, as spouses can get the employee discount also.)

So what do I want for Christmas? Well, I put these on my list for Christmas (which I have a slim chance of getting since it'd be pretty pricey): a flat-screen monitor (17" or bigger), a digital camera, and a Nintendo Wii remote and nunchuk controller, so Whateley and I can play Wii sports tennis together. If I don't end up getting the monitor for Christmas, I think I'd end up getting it myself since my monitor is crapping out on me. For the longest time I thought my eyes were going.

I think a lot of people will be getting gift cards this Christmas. Oh well, sometimes that's the best gift of all, a free shopping trip (except for the gas and maintenence on your car).

No comments: