Sunday, December 10, 2006

Ooh, flame war. Or is it Troll Wars: the Last Dope. The second poster, my the way, was Whateley and I have no idea why he posted as anonymous.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the first commenter was talking about, but he was rather snarky like I was whining about money. First of all, it's my blog, I can whine if I want to. Second of all, I'm not destitute. Hell, I'm not even in the working class any more, we're lower-middle-class! Almost.

Thirdly, and most importantly, who the hell do you think you are Mr./Ms. High-and-Mighty? Yes, I care about money, but y'know what I figured out? Money sucks if you don't have the time to spend it. And I don't mean waste it. Spend it. Because while two extra hours per day for an entire week may be nothing to you, it's 10-extra hours spent stuck at work when I could be out enjoying the rest of my life. A day has 24 hrs. You spend 8 hours sleeping, a half hour getting ready in the morning (skipping breakfast) and a half hour getting ready for bed each night, 1 hour commute (there and back... and we're the lucky ones!), 10 hours of work and 1 hour for lunch, and you're left with 3 hours, one of which will be spent on cooking/eating/cleaning up after dinner, and that's only if you go for something ridiculously simple (like boil some pasta, throw some sauce from a jar on it), and then you're left with 2 hours... two precious hours to do what you want to do for fun. And if you need at least a half hour of TV to wind down at night? Or heaven forbid you have to stop by the market?

Then there's Whateley's and my favorite pasttime (you know what I'm referring to) where to even sign up for a battleground you have to wait over an hour.

So let me ask you this, Mr./Ms. Anonymous, how worth it is that 2 hours of overtime pay, huh? Especially when you stretch that out to every day, 5 days a week, for 4 weeks straight (which it might end up being, like last time). How much is your free time worth to you? Cuz to me? It's worth a lot more than time-and-a-half.

Not to mention it doesn't give us time to go to the gym and my ass is starting to spread.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.