Monday, December 03, 2007

Saga continues in our home search. A few of our choices are getting snapped up, and there was a cute house in Cedar Park that went under contract... which means that barring anything major, that house is as good as sold. Ah, sad....

A part of me would like to live in South Austin since that's where all the hippie vibe is greatest. It's also closer to downtown. But traffic in this city is rather crazy since all the hippies were in denial that this city is growing, and they haven't developed the roads as much as they should for the population. So traffic is a major issue and getting worse. Coming from Southern California, the traffic is light in comparison (think LA to Orange County traffic at about 3 or 8 pm) at its worst. Still, an accident can shut down half the lanes and I don't want to have to drive through the entire city to get to work each day.

I'm steadily adding more pictures to my Flickr page, so keep checking for more views of "our" Austin. Keep in mind that we tend to avoid downtown and the University cuz it's crazy, and we also tend to keep vampire hours. If you need the link, just send me an e-mail.

I'm outtie!

No comments: