Wednesday, March 24, 2004

I had typed something out last night, but then Robert called and I went out of the lab to talk and left my stuff in the computer lab, and then I didn't realize the lab was closing and I had to chase down the lab supervisor to get him to open it back up again for my stuff. It sounds funny now.

Anyway, just to reiterate something you guys haven't heard in the first place, I had a great shift last Wednesday (hey, one week ago!) at that other store. There was no drama, the people there were great, and a customer paid me the hugest compliment. He told me, "If the world was filled with people like you, it would be a better place." Then he called over the assistant manager and told him to "hold onto her" and pointed at me. Yeah, I got misty-eyed. (Not good customer service my a--.)

The meeting with that certain personnel and that other certain personnel went well, though the outcome wasn't ideal. It helped that the other lady was a better talker and didn't make me feel like a whiner. She validated that I had a legitimate gripe even if it was a miscommunication. Officially we're moving forward with greater communication. Unofficially? I have to watch my back and play the game. So I can't quite think of a good reason to transfer to a store that's slightly farther away without pointing fingers. On a funny note, though, we all got these little cards in our bins with info on "corporate compliance." Heh heh.

For those of you that have prayed for me, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I really do. It's hard to trust that God has it all under control, but it's comforting to me that no matter how hard things get, He has it all under control.

Okay, my schedule for the rest of the week is a school tomorrow and a shift Saturday morning. I prefer working Saturday mornings to nights cuz for one thing, it's less busy, and plus I get to have Saturday nights free (to... loaf around?). Hey, at least I can watch the World Figure Skating Competition Ladies Free Skate.

Oh, and Maya works now. :)

No comments: