Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Some more updates on the drama that is my life:

This past Saturday I did something pretty darn stupid that ended up costing me big. I met up with some church friends at the Brea Mall to carpool to another friend's house in Irvine to do some baking for gift baskets for the Church Inaugural Service the next day. Well, we were in a hurry and I didn't notice that the parking spot I was in (it was in the covered parking structure) wasn't a real parking space but instead was a flow-way. Hey, it was early, there were hardly any cars, all I saw were lines, and it was an honest mistake! I mean, if I think about it, there was a point where something didn't seem right, but like I said, we were in a hurry. Well... you guessed it folks, when I came back, the car wasn't there. Courtesy of the Brea Towing Company.

Aarrrrrgghhhhh.

Luckily, I was able to get it back that same day, so I didn't have to pay overnight fees. But this escapade set me back a hunner-fohty-dollahs.

Double-aarrrrrrggghhhhhhhh.

As I was sharing my fate with others, they laughed and told me their stories. There's a reason why towing is big business out there. But I do have to admit, this was completely due to my stupidity. Y'see, as I was pulling in, a thought ran through my head-- why is there an arrow on this parking spot?

Yes, yes, yes. Now shaddap. The worst part? Going home and having my mom tear me a new one. Y'see, since my car's registered under my dad's name, I couldn't go get it by myself. Sigh.

More later.

No comments: