Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Thanks for commenting, everybody. I think that was a pretty heady question, and probably not a good one to post on my blog. I guess I just wanted other people's thoughts on the idea. I'll go into more detail in a bit, but I have another question to pose to y'all:

What is the correct way to wear a pashmina? Over the shoulders or not? The one I have is 100% rayon and therefore wrinkles easily, but is it supposed to be wrinkled to begin with?

I get in these funks about my career every now and then, though more now than ever. I think it was spurned on by a lot of things, one being the recent drama at work. Then, at a recent meeting for work, I wore my KCPC sweatshirt (the one that says Berkeley on it). Most of the people there haven't seen me in regular clothes (meaning, not the standard dress code) so one of the guys started calling me "Berk." It was cute. Anyway, one of the leads (the one I'm not too crazy about, I might even go as far as to call her a b---h but that would be an insult to female dogs) asked me, "So why'd you leave Berkeley?" My answer was, "Cuz I graduated." Which was shortly followed by, "You graduated from Berkeley and you work here?" I just replied, "Oh, I majored in art." That'll get the laughs. But on the inside I was cringing.

I guess my original thinking was that Starbucks would be a temporary stopover on my career path. But more and more I realize that that might not be the case. I think it's almost a crutch. It would be different if I was on a clear-set path and there was a light at the end of the tunnel. But right now I don't have set goals, just dreams, and I'm thinking more and more as long as I stay in Chino doing what I'm doing, then I'll get too comfortable in my misery. But on the other hand, I'm also realizing that it would take a looot of money to move out.... Perhaps I'll do something crazy and start commuting every day to LA? I mean, I gotta get some sort of internship and that might not coincide with my cozy 2-day school week. Oh well....

My schedule for rest of week:
Tue -- school
Wed -- 6:30 to 10:45 pm
Thu -- school
Fri -- 1:00 to 8:15 pm
Sat -- 5:00 pm to 12:15 am
Sun -- Happy Easter!

No comments: