Sunday, May 02, 2004

In response to my last entry's single comment, yes, it does seem like I have bad luck with parking. I mean, I did get that parking ticket last semester (to save a quarter and it ended up costing me $35), then the towing, and last Thursday, they were re-paving the streets and I had to park far away and about twice what I normally pay cuz I got to school early and I wasn't sure how anal the metermaids were on that street (normally, I can ignore the last hour of the usual parking spots). Only to find out that the school was letting everyone park in the school lot even if they didn't have a pass that day. Argh.

Last Sunday we had our church's inaugural service. It was pretty good. The speaker, Pastor Alex Montoya, talked about seven rewards for serving Christ:

1. Satisfaction of Fulfillment of our Purpose
2. Blessed Joy of Helping Other People
3. Serving Others is the Way You Serve Christ
4. Opportunity to Experience the Power of God
5. Joy of Knowing as You Serve You are Going to Grow Spiritually
6. Recognize that Serving Glorifies God
7. “Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant”

That last one.... Pastor Montoya talked about how he slacked off in high school and barely managed to graduate. However, after the graduation ceremony, his father looked at him with tears in his eyes and said, "I'm proud of you." And he thought, for what? And he vowed that the next graduation his father attends, he will have something worthy to be proud of.

Anyway, it got me thinking, when the final day comes and I stand before God, will there be a reason for Him to say to me, "Well done, good and faithful servant"?

On a different note, I worked at a store in Claremont today. Cra-a-azy. They ran out of ice. ICE! I mean, that cuts the menu by 2/3, and 90% of their sales on a hot day like today. Sooo busy. Manual labor for little pay sucks.

No comments: