Tuesday, December 21, 2004

They can take away your land, they may even take away your lives, but they can't take away... your FREEDOM!!!!!
---butchered quote

So my final class of the Fall semester is over! It was a battle long hard fought, and I came away broken, bruised, but still clinging to my sanity by a thread. My 3D animation came out decent (got lots of compliments from my compatriots, which is always a plus) but with my 2D... well, I just kept going as long as I could until I ran out of time. I got someone to cover my shift this morning, and then thought I heard my phone ring at 5 am, panicked, checked and saw that it was just my imagination, and then proceeded to work on that final. The total running time of the piece is about 730 frames, though that doesn't include the very beginning setup. The last 80-ish frames were just keyframes and no in-betweens. So technically, I only made about 400 drawings, which is still under a ream of animation paper!

So I am dead tired, but I still have to work tomorrow, but it's good. I still need to work. This drat thing called money which I still need. Perhaps I should go about finding myself a wealthy patron, a la the Renaissance masters.

So what's left on my plate? Besides work (and Christmas shopping), I plan on spending the next couple of weeks working on a slide show for my grandparents' 65th wedding anniversary, cleaning my room, and getting a lot of sleep and playtime on City of Heroes. Falcon Girl has lain low far too long.

And then, I'm taking an acting class for the winter session (hey, good animation is good acting, so I need to learn), working on stuff for the Animation Club film, and perhaps even finishing up that darn 2D animation piece. I might even make up a story around it just so I can use it for a short film. (Hey, worked for Richard Williams.) (Who? What?) (He's the animation director for Who Framed Roger Rabbit?) (Duh.)

Anyway, it looks like my plate is definitely full. I guess I like it better this way, though I do need down time. My problem is that I get burned out too easily.

Thanks for all your comments, y'all!

No comments: