Saturday, January 15, 2005

CRAZY WEEK

The major obstacle to a good slideshow? Compression. If anything, this slideshow project has been good research into what is necessary to create a consumer slideshow. The most important thing is high-quality digital images. Putting together the actual show took just a matter of hours. What took the most time was enhancing the photos and then dealing with compression. The crappier the image, the crappier the image is after compression. But there's no way I can just burn an 8 gig movie onto a CD. Nooo, we had to get all fancy and make DVDs. I tell you, if it wasn't for Dave, I'd be sunk. Give him props, folks. (Yeah, like you care.)

I went to the MacWorld conference with Dave this week. We drove up Wednesday night, and went to the show Thursday and Friday. I'm not much of a Mac geek, but boy, attending that show, you totally want to be. The most exciting product was the Mac mini (which is still too pricey for me, though it is the approximate cost of my hand-built PC) and the iPod shuffle. I want an iPod so much. I entered every single raffle they had that involved the iPod. Apparently, the Force is weak in me, since I couldn't make the people pick up my entry card.

Anyway, as for the most exciting event... well, I have to wait until Monday to post the picture. Yeah, it was getting my picture taken with someone and holding myself back as a fangirl.

Right now, I need to high-tail it back to my parents, but this stupid DVD won't finish burning! I'm just wondering if my relatives will even appreciate all the trouble I went through for this.

The worst part of the trip? The huge traffic jam on the 5 (where 4 lanes merged to 1) that caused a 3-hour delay (THREE FREAKIN' HOURS!) so that we got back around 4 am, and then I proceeded to fix the stupid slideshow and make the DVD master myself.

I need to sleep. Forget looking good tonight. I'd settle for looking half-awake.

No comments: