Friday, November 18, 2005

I got my review at work. The usual. Anyway, I now make fifteen more cents an hour. Whoopdeedoo, I am now rolling in it. It's been really pathetic. In the 2.25 years I've been at Starbucks, I've gotten a total of $1.05 raise. So sad. My assistant manager said, there ya go, not another review 'til six months from now. Which then brings to my attention that this was my final review. I will not be there in six more months. If I am, well, you (and I mean all of you) have my permission to slap me around.

I'm also functioning on very little sleep. In fact, I've been awake for 26 hours straight, with only a couple of catnaps during class today.

My pastor (who's not really my pastor anymore, I guess) is getting married tomorrow. I guess I have to get them a wedding gift. Here's something that's annoying. I already got them something at the bride's bridal shower. So I have to get something else for their wedding? I mean, I wasn't going to get the bride trashy underwear, so I got her fancy salt and pepper shakers. But that means that I will have to get them yet another household item for their wedding present. I mean, it's the perk of having a wedding and various showers, I guess, to get a lot of presents. Though I'd personally prefer just cold, hard cash.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny thing-- it's becoming more common practice to give checks/etc. at weddings.

SuperLefty said...

true. and at asian weddings (at least at chinese and korean ones), it's definitely the norm. at my church, there was an actual box at the registration table where you could put your envelope of money.