Monday, November 14, 2005

The organic milk lady was back today. She complained again that we were out of organic milk, then took forever in ordering her drink because she kept on changing her mind about what she wanted, and then when the drink wasn't made correctly due to an error in the cup markings, she made a show of calling her office and bitchily announcing that she will be late to work, and then proceeded to complain that since she was late to work, her drink be a priority above the other drinks. OMG. If I was her mother, I'd slap her silly and tell her that "I didn't raise an ungrateful, rude little bitch."

Work today was crappy because we were understaffed, someone had to be constantly on the autistic kid for him to actually do something instead of just walk around aimlessly (so I took on the duty since the assistant manager was busy dealing with the new safe they were installing, which made me seem really bossy, but I'd rather be perceived as bossy rather than let this kid have a free ride on our shoulders. I don't care if he can't work to the same degree as the rest of us, but he will work!), and the last 3.5 hours of my shift was me being on the register by myself without a break and a constant stream of customers.

And... might I add, I greeted each customer with a smile, I was patient when taking their order, I gave suggestions, answered questions, I was polite, friendly, I recognized regulars, and I even chatted with a good number of the customers. Not to mention, I am pretty damn quick on the register, and I got that line moving at a pretty decent pace. The company should be smart in recognizing that I am a damn good employee, and that I will be hard to replace. Hey, I'm not a perfect employee, but given the problems that other people have, I think I'm one of the better ones.

I don't like the holidays at the store. (Yes, the holiday season has already started for Starbucks.) I don't like having to deal with eggnog (BTW, eggnog chai latte... to die for!), all the extra pastries are a headache, and I am dreading working on Black Friday. But I have found one silver lining, and that is that I get to spend about 30 mins every Monday updating the menu board for the week's samples, so I get to draw.

Aww... Pookie just left my lap.

3 comments:

SuperLefty said...

on the organic milk lady...what's sad is that maybe her mom did raise her to be that way. "p and, you guys carry organic milk? since when?

and, hmm...what autistic kid?

and one last thing before i fall asleep, you signed up for a black friday shift?!?!? can i come in for an eggnog chai latte that day? ") heehee. j/k.

Artiste said...

Starbucks has had organic milk for awhile now, I think over a year.

The autistic kid is a busser at my store. Basically, he focuses on cleaning and restocking, although he knows how to make frappuccinos and even some hot drinks. But he's got emotional issues, which I think the management's having to deal with now.

And yes, you can come in on Black Friday, but it'll have to be before 10 am. In fact, if you come in before 7 am, I could probably hook you up plenty.

황명록 beno hwang said...

u greeted each customer w/ a smile n' even gave suggestions... suggestions such as "may i suggest a venti order'f 'get the #@ck outta here'?!" ha ha ha...

the 1 yr that i often studied @ starbucks, by the time christmas rolled 'round, i felt like it had long passed cos i'd been celebrating christmas 4 the past 2 months.