Sunday, February 16, 2003

For the first time in a long time, Valentine's Day didn't make me bitter. Well, I was never actually bitter before, but from the time I learned what Valentine's Day was 'til about two year's ago, I was never crazy about the day since it reminded me how... lacking my social life was. Then, the last two V-Days (not this year's) I actually had a boyfriend. And... it was nice. But then I realized that it wasn't any more special than any other day of the year. It just gave you an excuse to get mushy.

So this Valentine's Day, boyfriend-less, I just enjoyed the day like any other day, went to a church Valentine's fellowship, and at the end of it, I feel pretty good. No sense of bitterness. Not even subconsciously.

For the fellowship, we went to dinner theater and saw Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. It was pretty good. I mean, it's a real low-cost production. The stage was small, the sets were minimal, and the cast was small. The choreography was so-so, but then, none of them were really great dancers. However, they all sang well, and it was an entertaining production. Part of that is from the libretto, of course.

One highlight was that the guy who played Joseph was hot. He had a niiiiice chest. And he was a better singer than the others. Or perhaps he was just better mic-ed. Anyway, overall it was an enjoyable day.

No comments: