Saturday, February 08, 2003

I'm sitting at my Uncle Sun's computer typing this, and his computer is damn slow!!! 500 Mhz P3 chip with 64 megs of RAM. No wonder it's so slow. The internet connection's also at 28.8. Sooo ancient.

Anyway, I'm pooped. I came over to my Aunt & Uncle's around 10 am to help make balloons and put up decorations. The kids started arriving at 11. Nothing like a buncha 3-6 yr-olds jumping around on those air jumpers to tire you out. I figured out the secret to getting kids to like you: play with them. *gasp! No way!!! Yep, it must be a surprise to all y'all, but that's the key. And so my relatives keeps remarking on how the kids love me. And it's for no other reason than, I play with them. Not just stand around and watch, mind you. Actually get in that jumper and jump around with them. Because of that, they love me. So now, young grasshopper, you know the secret to baby-sitting. Go out there in the world and make me proud.

Speaking of the jumper (y'know that I mean, those inflatable gyms that has air blowing through it, and the kids jump around on the inside), I think I re-twinged my back when I tried to do some flips and such. As y'all know, I hurt my back doing hankido my senior year. I think the combination of the flips and the fact that I've been sedentary for months, led to my current everything-hurts-when-I-move state.

Now I'm soooo tired, I'm not sure how I'll drive home. On a different note, anybody see the Michael Jackson interview? It was so disturbing. That whole thing about his face and the kids sleeping over... shudder. I think I get his psyche, though. Every teen goes through low self-image (which was made worse by his father) but not every teen has the money to go through plastic surgery. And being in the public probably hasn't helped. I see it like if you gave an anorexic a ton of money for plastic surgery. Of course she will get lipo-ed up the wazoo until she's a freaky shadow of a person. Well, I see that with Jacko's surgeries. He doesn't have a normal self-image, yet he has the money to transform himself into what he thinks is normal, though it's freaky to everyone else.

Now, he's a great entertainer, I have to say. Possibly one of the greatest. And if he wants to spend money to look like that, then I say, who cares? My concern is that he needed psychiatric counseling about this matter a looong time ago.

Another thing: I think this whole kids sleeping over thing is Jacko's denial that he is a grown man. A grown middle-aged man. I think his mind is still trapped in the mind of a pre-adolescent boy. And to a 12-yr-old boy, having sleepovers with other 12-yr-old boys is no big deal. I saw it when I saw him shopping. He shops like a kid in a candy store. What he wants, he gets. Now, I'm not sure if he did molest any of those boys, but that may also have to deal with pre-adolescent sexual experimentation.

I worry that his kids are getting royally messed up right now. (Anybody else think that Debbie Ro was a paid surrogate who were forced to marry when the news leaked out?)

No comments: