Saturday, January 03, 2004

In the Year of our Lord, Two-thousand four. Ooh.

I saw The Hours today. It's... a challenging movie. The acting is superb, I gotta say, but I don't quite get the story. The other ppl who saw it with me were saying it's about lesbianism in repressed societies, but I don't think so. I mean, if it is, then they did a poor job of it. I was saying it was more about being trapped by despair and hopelessness. I think they just got caught up with the whole woman-kissing-woman thing and didn't see the broader aspect of it. Or maybe not. Maybe they really are lesbians. Anyway, the movie was pretty good and I could understand the emotional tone of it just from personal experience. I mean, I never wanted to kill myself, but there have been a few times where I felt so blue that I wished life ceased to exist. Ah well....

No comments: