Thursday, February 05, 2004

I saw La Boheme (the opera directed by Baz Luhrman) on Tuesday. It was pretty good. But I feel like I missed a lot cuz I was too busy reading the subtitles. After awhile, I just had to ignore the subtitles and just focus on the emotions and the music and the visuals. I think for that reason I like Rent better. Weird, cuz I don't mind subtitles in films. But it was cool seeing an opera, cuz the singing was so much more... overwhelming. It's so much... bigger... than pop-singing styles.

Oh, and to be clear, I saw it with Erica. Hey, I hang out with other people besides Robert and Amber. Like last Friday, I hung out with Andrea (who was my best-friend growing up and is Robert's ex) and her sister Chuck (who's real name is Kristen and is a fellow Starbucks barista) and it was an interesting day that I'd rather not go into on a public blog. But what was surprising was that I must have dropped my temporary 24-Hr Fitness pass somewhere in Downtown Disney (where we were hanging out) and the Disney Lost-n-Found mailed it to me. I guess they're pretty good about that.

BTW, I got caught (again) in a Snapshot (the mystery shopper for Starbucks). I absolutely hate those things. We got good on everything except the waiting time. Again. Argh!!! It took thirteen minutes for the person to get their drinks, and the max time is five (and perfect is under three). I know why it took so long. Cuz our espresso grinder is funky and the shots have been pulling in 30-40 seconds (it should be between 18-23, and we've been using 14-29). And it takes awhile to make a drink cuz we keeping having to throw out bad shots. Well, it's come down to quality vs. speed, and I say that quality matters more. I mean, there's a reason why fast food tastes like fast food. As if I need more ammunition should they decide to fire me. Sigh. Well, at least I should qualify for medical insurance this month. I think I'm in dire need of either a dermatologist or an allergist.

No comments: