Tuesday, February 24, 2004

I'm a coward. Yeah, you all know that. But in this industry, networking is everything, and I've been a nasty little cowardses. Well, basically, I'm starting to recognize a lot of people in my classes since I've had classes with them before. There isn't a formal track program here, but there's enough of a progression of classes that you end up with similar schedules every semester. Anyway, there are a few people that I've met through other people, and I'm somewhat of a coward when it comes to facing these people by myself. Erg. I'm only thankful that those people looked past my cowardice and approached me. That's one thing that I will definitely have to work on. Meet new people, and say hi to those I have met before. The main problem is that I have a really hard time remembering names, but people are usually very forgiving of that. But blatant ignoring them... well, that's another matter. I'd hate for that to bite me in the butt later. I've already got one lead, though, through a friend at church. She's got a friend in the industry. Sweet.

Yesterday I ate up a lot of gasoline to come to a class I'm going to drop and to watch a really expensive movie ($9.50!) and drive around aimlessly for more than half an hour total trying to find parking in this frustrating city. Santa Monica reminds me so much of Berkeley. Both good and bad. Well, without the homeless and tall buildings, and with offices for pretty famous studios.

Gettin' kicked out. G'nite.

No comments: