Friday, February 13, 2004

So I am officially a certified Starbucks barista.
"Wow, what does that mean?"
"Well, my young friend, that means that in the world of Starbucks, I now have proof that I know and can make all the drinks that the Starbucks Coffee Company offers."
"Wow, you must be a smarty-pants!"
"Why, yes, yes I am."

As y'all seem to gather from my previous posts, I like to watch PBS a lot. I should probably send them a donation one of these days. I can't wait for the Colonial House series coming this May. Anyway, one of the recent PBS programs that I watched is Hot Dog Program, about our culture's love of hot dogs and the various famous hot dog places in the country. Watching it made me rather hungry. It's an old documentary, made in 1999, and I remember watching it around then and it made me crave a hot dog. So the next day, I made a stopover at Top Dog. Mmmm... Top Dog. Well, when it aired recently, there's no local hot dog place here. Well, none that are good, anyway. But the program did feature Pink's Hot Dog Stand. So last night, when I went to the LA SIGGRAPH meeting with my friend Dave, afterwards we stopped off at Pink's. I gotta say, they're famous for their chili dogs, and it was a damn good chili dog. I am such a Homer Simpson. A few days ago, I had a craving for a donut on my way back from Robert's, but the good place was closed and there was too much traffic to back track to get to the other places and by the time I got on the freeway, I had no idea where there were any good donut places. Just as well, I guess, since I shouldn't be eating donuts anyway.

So this was one of my passing thoughts, then. Should I ever become pregnant in the future, I wonder what I would crave? Maybe I would crave healthy salads and vegemeat. It's kinda funny. As much as I like fruits and veggies, I don't ever crave them. I crave meat (lots-o-meat), salty chips, chocolate, and sometimes salsa. I used to snack on pickles at night, but I haven't craved those in a long time. So much for the theory that we crave what our bodies need, right? Last I checked, I didn't have a fat/salt/sugar deficiency.

BTW, since I keep forgetting, my schedule for the next 1.5 weeks:

Fri -- 7 pm to 12:15 am
Sat -- 8:15 pm to 12:15 am
Sun -- church, 6:45 to 10:45 pm
Mon -- Fun w/ Erica (et al) Day!
Tue -- First day of school for the semester... and what else?
Wed -- 10:45 am to 3:30 pm
Thu -- school
Fri -- 7:45 am to 2:30 pm
Sat -- 7:15 am to 12:15 pm, then church thing?
Sun -- church, 6 to 10 pm

No comments: