Sunday, February 01, 2004

I should stop drinking caffeine so late. I had a raspberry mocha at my first ten minute break tonight, and that was enough to wire me for the rest of the shift. But I got a black tea lemonade to take home with me, and even though it's diluted, it still has caffeine. But then, maybe it's that I slept for 12+ hours last night and woke up only two and a half hours before my shift started.

I saw Big Fish on Friday. How Catholic. Heh heh. It's a good movie. Not as good as Return of the King, (here that, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences?) but pretty good. Ewan MacGregor was excellent (as always) and his stories are so quirky. And the Siamese twins are really Siamese twins. Well, maybe Japanese. The movie has the traditional Tim Burton dark humor, which is awesome. And Edward Bloom fights the North Koreans in the war, and they actually spoke Korean. Hey, speaking of which, in the episode of Alias where Sydney and Vaughn end up in North Korea, the Korean they were speaking was weird. I mean, I know that North Korea speaks with a different satoori (accent & colloquialism) but it just sounded angry and unclear. Eh.

I worked at a different store Friday morning, and they had an automatic espresso machine. It felt weird just pushing a button to pull shots. I'm so used to getting beans from the grinder, tamping the filters, and pulling the shots and hoping it falls within the correct time frame. Well, it turns out that this machine pulls rather crappy shots. Makes sense why we still have our manual machine. It was also weird just dealing with people I've never worked with. I wonder what it would be like to work with someone from another store whom I've never met.

So after that shift from 4 am to 8:15 am (how crazy is that?), I worked on a design for a stamp for a coffee blend contest they're having for the Starbucks leadership conference. I have a image scanned on my dad's computer, so I'll put it up eventually. (Yeah, right.) But I was thinking that it didn't really fit with the contest guidelines, and I doubt it could be used as a coffee stamp image. For one, it's too cartoony.

I think I could've used a nap yesterday. And now it's almost 4 am, and I'm not tired and I've got church in six hours. Ech.

In case I don't get a chance to publish this tomorrow, my schedule for next week is:

Mon -- 7:15 to 11:15 am
Tue -- no work
Wed -- 6:45 to 10:45 pm
Thu -- 4:15 to 9:15 pm
Fri -- no work but volunteering between 10 am to 4 pm
Sat -- 8 pm to 12:15 am
Sun -- church at 10 am, 5:30 to 9:45 pm

No comments: