Sunday, November 14, 2004

I can't believe Marvel is suing NCSoft and Cryptic Studios cuz of City of Heroes. They are a little too sue-happy.

I mean, sure yeah, my character is based on Batgirl, but c'mon, it's not like I named her B@tgrrl or something. If anything it's an homage to a character that I really like, and I would think that Marvel would like homages (though it's DC so maybe not). It's just so lame. I mean, the last I heard, Marvel didn't hold the copyright on green skin or claws.

Yeah, a lot of the characters people play are similar to current comic characters. But you gotta admit, if you read comics as a kid (or even if you started as an adult) it's your fantasy to be a superhero, and that's probably one of the smartest elements of COH. The character creation choices make it possible to come up with a million different characters, so whoever your superhero hero is... well, you can be him/her. So COH is making bank, and Marvel wants to cut into that. Geez.

No comments: