Wednesday, November 17, 2004

The vote's still going! (See the previous entry.)

It seems my life revolves around school and Starbucks... which I guess is normal. Today in Character Animation class, a small group of us did some improv acting (cuz animation is just acting on paper). It was fun, a little challenging, but I'm thinking the people he picked weren't necessarily the people he should pick. It's those really shy, really reserved people that need the practice.

Last Friday, my roommates and I (since we are in one class together) took some photos to use for a commercial storyboard. I'm pretty sure we looked funny fondling the iPods at the Apple store. (Droolin', if I can only convince all my relatives to chip in for an iPod for me....) I like storyboarding, actually. It satisfies my desire to tell a story and my impatience at the same time. That's one of the things that driving me nuts about character animation class. Just imagine a simple little short of a character getting into a situation and then getting out of it. It takes a minute or two, right? Well, considering that there are 60 seconds in a minute and at least 12 drawings per second... that's a lot of drawings. There's a reason why I'm behind.

Anyway, my work schedule was finally getting manageable and then they pulled a 30.5-hr week the week after next. I swear, any more and I'm going to have to make my availabilities very inflexible. It's bad enough having to work Thanksgiving weekend.

No comments: