Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Funny enough, I haven't been listening to podcasts on my shuffle, but more on my computer. Well, what can I say, I've been lazy about transferring it to my shuffle. Heck, I dumped out my clean, folded laundry on my bed to put away... and it's still there... and it's from two weeks ago.... Doh!

If you're new to this blog, then you might get shocked by what I will discuss next, but hey, I've got no shame. Anyway, I thought I was going to get my period recently, but other than a little mucus, the well is dry. Funny, too, cuz one day there I felt achy all over like I do during Aunt Flo's visit. It's definitely sucky, my odd cycle. I realize that I've been menstruating for fifteen years, and so far, the only thing regular about it is its irregularity. I got my first pap smear last year (when I got a doctor of my own and didn't just go to the same one as my parents -- old Korean doctors -- he doesn't even do prostate exams on my dad, which is scary considering his age and risk factors), but even then, my gyno exam wasn't a full one (according to WebMD, at least). And when I mentioned my irregular cycle, she gave me a referral for an ultrasound... which I would've ended up paying 30% for.

Anyway, it's time I should go see a real gynocologist, get a real exam, and perhaps even figure out if there's anything weird with me right then and there. That, and perhaps they wouldn't charge me a lab bill for a pap smear.

I'm not too worried cuz my mom had a similar problem at my age, but then it went away after she got married. I was thinking, what, somehow that marriage certificate forced her uterus to behave? But then I realized, my mom was pregnant with my sister not too long after she got married. Of course, she was already married by the time she's my current age. So... I don't know. Just gotta sit tight and wait for my ovarian dams to burst forth.

Good nighty folks.

BMB, midnight show, tomorrow night! Can't wait!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's times like this I'm reminded of an old Irish Song. Passed down from generation to generation, from father to son, and the boys on the verge of manhood. And it's called, "Down to the Old Pub Instead."

Lad it's your duty to find ye a lass.
With child bearing hips and a pink supple ass,
And make her your wife,
and love her with love so true.
Now some rivers run high,
Some river run low.
When her river runs red then she's starting her flow,
And it's called menstration and here's what it means to you.
You will notice her bloomers are spotty at first.
Stand back, her ovarian dam's gonna burst.
So don't be afraid it's a natural thing.
Just wad up some cotton and hand her some string.
Put the old linens on top of the bed.
Get out of the house,
And go down to the old pub instead.

She'll retain her water,
Her breasts will be tender,
And every third word that you say will offend her.
Get out of the house,
And down to the old pub instead.

She'll want to make love.
If you do your a fool.
Cuz you'll only end up with a bloody O'tool.
Get out of the house,
And down to the old pub instead.

And she'll want you to sample the fruit of her loins.
But son it will taste like some old rusty coins.

So turn of the the light boy and take of your hat,
And drop to your knees,
say a prayer to Saint Pat.
That he will give you the strength to get out of the bed,
and for Irelands sake!
Go down to the old pub instead.

Now the pub is the place where the lads are a meeting.
When the moon's full and the gals are a bleeting.
The Catholic, the Protestant, even the Pagan.
The pub is the place when your lady is raggin'
So drink up your pints boys,
and thank your Sham-rocks.
That as men folk we don't have to bleed from our cocks.
And that we can escape the lady in red,
And get out of the house,
and go down to the old pub instead.

Song by Stephen Lynch
www.stephenlynch.com

황명록 beno hwang said...

so u'r pregnant, eh?

my bro.in.law's name is steven lynch!

Anonymous said...

you got an ipod shuffle? when?

---bleu