Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Awww, no one but Beno even ventured a guess. Well, it's G-Unit. Who? Apparently it's 50-cent's crew. He even appears in the video, even though I didn't recognize him. The three girls in the video are basically seen sitting or standing next to the guys a bopping. Like... I'm just hanging out, standing around, bopping to the music that this guy is singing right next to me... with two other girls... and we're all wearing sexy little black numbers and showing off our legs.

Anyway, I was thinking as I was working on the shots... do these girls want to be there? I mean, was their goal as they embarked upon their acting/modeling/singing/whatever career was to be a skimpy chick in a hip-hop video? Is it like Kelly Bundy from "Married with Children" who, as she got a job doing modeling or something or other, said, "Next stop, slut in a Bon Jovi video."

On the other hand, these girls get paid hundreds (or even thousands) of dollars per day just to stand around and bop and look pretty, so maybe I should shut up.

I'll post the link once the video's up, but considering that they're shooting Mary J. Blige's segments tomorrow, I doubt it'll be up soon. Maybe two more weeks. Turnaround's quick for a music video.

2 comments:

황명록 beno hwang said...

dude, no, i don't think they get paid thousands or even hundreds a day to be in those videos! i once heard a gurl talk so proudly'f being in some rap music video... uhm, personally, i don't think it's that great'f an honour. me, if u look really closely, you can see me in a primus video... they filmed it live in the greek theatre @ berkeley, n' i was in the front row, so i've gotta be in there... u've gotta appreciate primus since les claypool did the south park theme.

SuperLefty said...

been out of town per my voicemail, so i'm a bit behind on reading blogs. congrats on your first professional paid gig! ")