Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Soooo friggin' tired... yet very content.

Whateley can attest that I had a long whine session about the state of my lack of career not too long ago. Anyway, I was all set to march into Zoic and quit my internship (it's been 5 months, so technically it's over anyway), and then out of the blue I find two of my friends working there! Well, actually, another friend told me they were, but I hadn't known until the night before.

Anyway, they're doing matchmoving and camera-tracking, which I totally could have done! I just didn't think to ask. Anyway, then one of them (who has been working freelance for about a year now) offers me this freelance gig he had to turn down cuz he was working at Zoic. I'm like, hell yeah! After he gave them my number and then after they called me hours later, I set it up... and I had to call out sick at the cafe... I had my first day on a freelance gig! It's 3D camera tracking, which is basically where you get a footage with a moving camera, and you have to recreate the camera move and environment in a 3D program.

Yeah, it's a short gig, only about three days, but it's my very first paid visual effects job! And does it pay! Considering that they're not paying me that much by industry standards, I'm still making more in three days than I do in one month at the cafe.

It was damn cool. And time does fly by when you're not on your feet all day. Of course, my eyes hurt now, but I think part of that's from the lack of sleep. Let's just say, it's been awhile since I touched that program, there were a lot of things I still didn't know, and spent 4 hours the night before watching tutorials. But I figured it out! I think I actually did some quality work.

So yay me! I'm still uncertain as to the future of my career, but it sure feels good to have some professional work under my belt. I'm not sure if I want to be a freelancer since work is very unsteady now, but with this, it's definitely an option, even with just this tiny studio.

What was I working on? I'll give you a hint: it was a music video with a black guy in a suit, a hip-hop black guy in jeans, sideways cap, a big shirt with a big chain, and three scantily clad women dancing around. Hahahahahaha. Hey, whatever pays the bills, man. I ain't here to judge.

1 comment:

황명록 beno hwang said...

:-/ is it outkast? or should i even bother trying to guess?