Thursday, August 31, 2006

Now that my internship's over, I now have no more excuses about finding a full-time job or at least preparing myself for a full-time job. Whateley's threatening to take the coaxial cables with him when he leaves for work so that TV won't be a temptation for me. And while I do have to agree that it is a major temptation, especially with TiVo, I'm not someone with absolutely no self-control that I can't tear myself away from the TV. No, I've got other issues, and TV is only a symptom.

My biggest, stupidest issue, I'm afraid, is that I know that it'll take a lot of hard work to succeed in this business, and even then I might still fail, so a part of me is afraid of working hard only to have it lead to nowhere. But there's the stupidity of it. If I don't work hard, then I'm guaranteed to fail. So I swear, I need to give myself a Tony-Robbins-pep-talk everyday just to remind myself that I am dooming myself to failure by not working hard.

What can I say, self-motivation has always been hard for me. It's been a little more successful if I have an outside influence telling me what to do. But that has its drawbacks because what they want me to do (e.g. a teacher) isn't necessarily what I need to do, and in the end, when the outside influence is gone, I'm still left with low self-motivation.

And I know how to solve my problems, I do! I just have to do stuff. Plain and simple.


On a diffent note, last Tuesday Whateley and I went to The Stinking Rose in Beverly Hills. I didn't think it was possible, but I think I had too much garlic in one sitting. I remember wanting to go when I was in Berkeley, but never got a chance to. It was fun. Perhaps after we've recovered, we'll go again. Anyone who's a garlic-lover, though, I totally recommend checking them out. But I'd watch it on the garlic relish at the table. I didn't realize that raw garlic is potent, and my tonsils felt like they were on fire.

1 comment:

SuperLefty said...

aw, cute, did you guys go on a married couple's date? ") and, really, you thought that it was too garlicky? i thought that it was a bit of a let-down, because most of what we ordered tasted bland and not garlicky enough. maybe i'll give it another try. did you guys do anything else in LA while you were up here? museums? ") wait...so, does this mean you're still working at the cafe and have tues-fri "free" now?