Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Okay, okay. For those who actually commented, thanks. I shouldn't get all worked up over that.

Homework due tomorrow. Sigh. It's gonna be another long night.

I had an interesting experience last Saturday night. I went with a few friends to watch a hypnotist show followed by an improv show. When the hypnotist was asking for volunteers, one of my friends and I just high-tailed it for the stage. It's not that big of a stage or audience. Anyway, so it was my first time ever getting hypnotized. What does it feel like? Well, my heart was pounding cuz I was really nervous, but other than that, I was just really, really, really relaxed. I don't think I went under as deep as I could, though. At the very beginning, they had you imagine that your hands are filled with helium and rising through the air. Well, I was trying, but it wasn't working, so the guy just lifted my right hand, and it started to float! But that was about the last time that my body did something without my control. Alright, I'll admit it, I did fake it a bit. But I'm not sure if that's really faking it. Mainly, you can hear everything that the guy says, and you're fully conscious and aware. So whenever he implanted suggestions to me, basically, it came down to, well, y'know what, I think I'll do what he said to do. Pretty much, if I didn't want to, then I wouldn't have. I hear that to be hypnotized, you have to want to be hypnotized. And I really wanted to, too. I guess I just wasn't as under as much. Anyway, pretty much, when he told me to do something, I just decided, okay, I will. And my body just complied, like it was just itching for me to do it. So that's why I think I was half-hypnotized. My friend had barely any memory of the performance, though. That's probably why she was a lot funnier. There were a couple of guys that were really under. They were hilarious.

I'm going to try to go again, and next time, I won't have a martini before the show. I think being slightly under the influence kept me from fully going under. Well, that and they took my glasses and I couldn't see him. But then, it was dimly lit, so maybe no one was suppose to and it doesn't matter if you can see him or not. Anyway, I felt really good and relaxed afterwards (and they say that a lot of people feel the effects hours or days) but it wore off after the improv show afterwards (an hour).

The other people were asking me if I remember doing this or that. And you know what? Yes I do. Everything. Even what other people did. My other friend that went under barely remembered anything. I want to have a period of blacked out memory! Hee hee.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

No comments: