Saturday, November 01, 2003

Thanks Erica for your willingness. Now for the rest of you, please donate blood!

It's been a long time since I've dressed up for Halloween, but I thought everybody at work was going to dress up. Turns out, I was the only one for awhile, and then an hour after my shift started, someone else came on dressed as a cat. Well, more like she was dressed sexy with cat ears.

I know that a lot of Christians (or at least conservative or reform Christians) think that Halloween is a satanic holiday though it's roots are pagan pre-Christian and early Catholic. I suppose the only reason to not celebrate it is for 1 Corinthian 8 reasons. But it's really fun to dress up, and since I came to the US when I was six and didn't actually go trick-or-treating 'til I was eleven (and then stopped at thirteen), I've never had a chance to do costume-y things. So as a Christian, when else do I get a chance to wear costumes?

Party City was jam-packed today. I ended up spending more money than I should on stuff that I couldn't use. The only thing I really needed was a $2 make-up kit. Argh.

No comments: