Sunday, November 30, 2003

Thanksgiving was pretty good. I tried to pawn off some shifts on other people but no bites. Sigh.

I had a major headache on Thursday, so in the middle of the day I took a three-hour nap while the kids around me played. Well, the headache was probably due to not getting enough sleep the night before. But I guess my immune system was weak enough because that night my throat started to tickle, and Friday I woke up with my head splitting open and major nasal blockage. To make it worse, I switched shifts with someone to do her a favor, and so I ended up working two more hours than scheduled. And yet, no one will take my Sunday shift off my hands.


Why don't people return calls? It seems like I've left so many friggin' messages and not a one has called back. When someone leaves me a message, I usually call them back. And if part of their message is asking me to call them back, then I definitely call them back. Usually right then and there. There was this one guy at work who I asked to take my Friday shift, and he said that he would call back the next day, and he didn't! He thought he would wait until the day before (Thanksgiving Day) to call back. I mean, wouldn't that be worse? I asked people to just leave me a message yet no one did. How hard is it to just say, "sorry I can't" ??? Maybe it's because they are all young'uns, but this is one life lesson that I will definitely have to teach them. After all, if I was their boss or a potential employer, I would not put up with that crap.


Anyway, I think I just have a cold and not the flu (though they say if you've had the flu shot, then if do you get the flu, the symtoms are milder), but I'm trying to stay away from medication. Hopefully, this will mean that I won't get sick again for months, and perhaps avoid getting sick all winter. One can only hope.

My schedule this week:
Mon -- school
Tue -- 12:15 to 4:30 pm
Wed -- school, though skipping last class to go to 3D seminar
Thu -- 2:30 to 10:30 pm
Fri -- 11:45 am to 3:45 pm
Sat -- no work, though they might call me
Sun -- church, then lots of homework

No comments: