Saturday, December 13, 2003

I promised now, didn't I?

It's just one of the Flash projects I did this semester. If anybody remember my old website, this is like the old mouse game only slightly more sophisticated. Slightly.

As much as I would like the money, I think I might have to ignore the phone tomorrow (er... today) should the store call. There's a reason why have it set to a different ringtone. :)

Comments, please!

BTW, I guess the Red Cross is getting desperate again cuz they actually called me to schedule a blood donation. I set something up for Monday after this coming Monday, so I'll have a full report afterwards. No school, so I should have more access to fluids. Which leads me...

PLEASE DONATE BLOOD! I don't know why I'm so impassioned about this considering that I don't know anybody personally that needed a transfusion. I think it's because it's such a raw act of giving a physical part of yourself to someone in need. Since I'm A+ I asked if they ever threw away my blood type leftovers since it's not as useful as O. They replied that they never have leftovers of any blood type. They always run out of every type. Kinda humbled me so whenever they had a blood drive at school, I tried to stop by. They had one a couple of weeks ago at my current school, but I was just getting over a cold (or the flu?) so I couldn't.

On a similar note, American Bone Marrow Donor Registry. I remember in elementary school, a teacher's daughter had leukemia and she died before they could find a donor. I remember the school holding fundraisers and such in her name. If you're of Asian decent, they especially want you! Well, actually, if you're of any ancestry other than European, they really want you. One of the things I did when I moved back home was to update my info with them. The chances of finding a match is slim, but the newsletter was full of stories of those stranger-matches. I mean, what could it hurt (other than the needle prick, I guess) and you might end up literally saving someone's life. That's pretty cool. I mean, I want to be an artist in the entertainment industry. That has nothing to do with life and death. This is one way of giving back.

No comments: