Thursday, December 18, 2003

So I saw the midnight showing of Return of the King last night. My reaction to the movie? Two words.

HOT DIGGITY!!!

I mean, there's a problem with highly-anticipated movies in that they rarely live up to the build-up (case in point, The Phantom Menace). But not only did this movie live up to the hype, it surpassed it. My only complaint? It wasn't long enough. (Yeah, cuz 3 hrs 20 mins is just the blink of an eye.)

I won't go into details here cuz I would like my faithful readers (hahahahahaha! I'm funny) to have a chance to see the movie before I go all fan girl on it. But if anyone wants to call or e-mail me, we can drool together. Droooooooool.

Okay, Legolas is hot (and Orlando Bloom is not, as I've said before), but I gotta say, Aragorn really stepped up in this movie. Whoo-whee. I can see why he makes the thirty-something women swoon.

On other news, I turned in my final project for my last class on Tuesday at 4:45 pm. Actually, it wasn't completed. Basically, it's part of a scene from a Neil Simon play that we had to storyboard, and for animation storyboards, they have to have a panel for every five words, about, cuz you have to provide the acting yourself. Anyway, for anyone of you that's seen or read a Neil Simon play, you know how wordy this guy is. So thirty-one pages later, I get through a little over two pages. Out of five. If I had the time and paper to do the entire thing, it would have been about 70 pages long. Daaaaaaang!

Anyway, so I finally take off from school at 5 pm (took a little time to check e-mail), and of course, driving from Santa Monica to Chino at the height of rush hour, piece of cake, right? I normally drive around 70-80 mph back and forth, so it takes me a little less than an hour. But with stop-and-go traffic, it took me 2 hrs and 20 mins. Ugh. It was grueling. I had thought about signing up for some morning classes next semester. After this, I think not. How can people do this five days a week?

Anyway, I haven't posted my schedule this week, but suffice it to say, I've got late shifts for the rest of the week, except Friday when I get off a little earlier. But I'm glad for the work. After all, it's the season for spending. And this Jesus-guy that I keep hearing about at church. :P

My winter holiday projects: watch DVDS, watch DivX movies, read books on my list, work on ideas for animation projects, and hopefully do all these things with friends (though the reading may be hard to do so). Happy Holidays!

No comments: