Sunday, December 21, 2003

Sooo busy tonight at work. My feet are killing me. Last Thursday at work, someone I knew came into the store. We were the same year at college and went to the same church and therefore hung out together at group events. And I knew she lived in Chino Hills, too. And now it turns out that she's working at the Borders in the same strip mall. Weird.

Why? Well, I haven't seen her in years (literally) and I haven't been to any of the get-togethers of late. It's not that I don't like her or my former church classmates. I guess it came down to, once we weren't in the same school, church, city, etc, it became too hard to maintain ties that were pretty thin to begin with. I don't mind. I mean, we should be so lucky to maintain all our friendships that we have ever made. But I do have to say, it was good to see her (even though we could only chat for a few seconds cuz I was suppose to be working) just because it reminded me that my life in Berkeley did exist, that it wasn't just a dream, and my life didn't always involve hours of driving and making coffee.

We had a ton of leftover pastries tonight. We ran out of bags, so I took 'em home in a garbage bag. It looked like I was the pastry Santa. I should stop eating these things. But... mmmm... peppermint brownie....

My schedule for this week:

Sun -- church, 7 to 11:45 pm
Mon -- free day, hanging out with Robert
Tue -- 7:15 to 11:15 am
Wed -- free day, Christmas Eve!
Thu -- day w/ family, Merry Christmas!
Fri -- 4:15 to 8:45 am
Sat -- 4:15 to 9 am
Sun -- church, 6 to 10:15 pm

The next week, I'll be working every day, even though two of those days will be baby-sitting for my cousins. Well, I could use the money.

No comments: