Thursday, June 24, 2004

Crazy week. It started off Sunday night when after getting out of work late after a closing shift, I drove to Santa Monica to meet up with Dave, and then we drove an hour-and-a-half to the Mojave Airport and arrived there around 3 am.

Yep, we went to see the historic flight of SpaceShipOne, the first privately-funded spaceship to reach sub-orbital height.

It was crazy cuz we barely got any sleep, there were thousands of people there, and the winds were harsh and cold at 3 am. It was hard to keep an eye on the ship as it flew into the air, and when it made it's rocket-propelled flight, all we could see is a straight contrail into the sun. But if was awfully exciting. Perhaps I'll go into details later.

The other part of my crazy week involved making a mistake on my schedule and requesting the wrong day off and having to find someone to cover my shift tomorrow so I can go to class. More on that later.

Gotta go.

No comments: